UI Programmer Intern
Epic Games is on the lookout for dynamic interns to join our dev teams in 2024. Whether you work on Fortnite, Unreal Engine, or any of our other games, products, and services, you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of interactive entertainment.
Our Interns are given challenging projects throughout the work term and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
ENGINEERING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a smart, creative UI/UX Intern to join them for the spring 2024 semester. By the end of the internship, you will deliver front-end systems and features for Fortnite's Creative mode and our brand-new creation tool: UEFN (Unreal Editor for Fortnite).
In this role, you will
• Help take our creator UI experience to the next level
• Develop tools that will enable creators to make amazing custom experiences within the Fortnite ecosystem
• Collaborate with art, design, and other engineers to implement UI for Fortnite Creative features and internal prototypes
What we're looking for
• Currently pursuing bachelors or masters degree in CS or related fields. Recent grads encouraged to apply
• Online Portfolio showcasing C++ game or application is helpful
• Solid understanding of Data Structures
• Building user interfaces for games
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Willingness to work in a highly iterative environment
• Unreal Engine 5 and UMG experience is a plus
• A passion for game development and a willingness to continue to learn
This internship has a flexible start date in 2024. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the posting location for the duration of the internship. For more information about Epic's Early Career Program, visit epicgames.com/earlycareers.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj7b01-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.