Intern - Devops Engineer
Technical UI Design Internship - Fortnite
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
The Fortnite UXUI team is hiring a Technical UI Design Intern to join them in 2022. In this position, you will learn how to help implement UI systems in Unreal engine and UMG, build rapid prototypes, and configure blueprints. You will work with UI Artists, Senior Tech UI Designers, and UI Engineers to ship features to millions of players around the world.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
• Learn and assist Tech UI Designers in implementing UI features.
• Help translate UI designs into reusable and extendable widget structures and classes.
• Work with UX & UI Art to identify UI implementation needs.
• Work with UX to ensure UI player input is correctly mapped and responsive.
• Learn and assist Tech UI Designers to build blueprints and implement blueprint logic.
• Help debug blueprints/UMG issues and learn to use fault isolation techniques.
• Learn and assist Tech UI Designers to create UI prototypes.
• Assist UI Artists, Senior Tech UI Designers, and UI Engineers with organization & documentation.
• You've built some UI projects in game engines (professionally or personally).
• You're passionate about building UI for games and working in game engines.
• You are a logical problem solver who pays a lot of attention to detail and has excellent written and communication skills.
• You are a proactive, fast learner who naturally leans into owning outcomes from start to finish.
• Able to collaborate across disciplines ranging from technical to non technical.
• You're familiar with design programs. Especially Photoshop & Figma.
Bonus Qualifications (but not required):
• 3D-package software knowledge - 3D Studio, Maya, etc, is a plus.
• QA experience.
• C++ experience.
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzpken-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.