Intern - UX Design - Fortnite
Tech Art Internship - Fortnite
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games Fortnite team is looking for a Technical Artist Intern to join them for 2022. In this talented team of veteran and emerging artists you'll collaborate across teams. Joining this team means you're motivated to seek solutions to problems and work with other artists to create content and tools for Fortnite.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
• Create complex materials for characters, weapons and environments
• Execute on a range of visual effects styles from realistic to stylized
• Implement work in the project with basic Blueprints
• Aid with new tool development using Blueprint scripts within Unreal Engine
• Must provide portfolio of work demonstrating relevant projects
• Ability to create basic node-based materials in Unreal Engine
• Basic modeling skills in max/maya, sculpting in Zbrush
• Basic texture painting skills in PS/ substance painter or designer
• Understanding of FX (especially for the Niagara system) is considered a plus
• Understanding of basic game logic and Blueprints
• Ability to light and render in Unreal Engine
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjv8z2-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.