Research Engineer Intern (EcoSec)
Epic Games is on the lookout for dynamic interns to join our dev teams in 2024. Whether you work on Fortnite, Unreal Engine, or any of our other games, products, and services, you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of interactive entertainment.
Our Interns are given challenging projects throughout the work term and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
What We Do
Our ECOSEC team provides a safer experience for Epic's users. We work across multiple products and services to improve technology and craft transparent policies so our players and users can have positive experiences on our platforms.
What You'll Do
You will work with our team of engineers at the intersection of vision, language, audio and machine learning to create state-of-the-art models for content moderation.
In this role, you will
• Design and implement a video moderation model.
• Detect the presence of violations in promotional videos for games (e.g. hateful symbols, NSFW, etc)
• Be responsible for the data analysis and data labelling.
• Output a list of violations and their timestamps.
What we're looking for
• MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, or relevant experience (at least one year) in industry. On-going PhD candidates are welcome to apply.
• Experience creating algorithms for problems in Computer Vision. Specific experience with video processing is a plus.
• Hands-on knowledge of deep learning techniques for Computer Vision, including state of the art methods used in the field (Transformers, etc.)
• Excellent coding skills in Python and associated ML tools/frameworks (numpy, scipy, sklearn, pytorch).
This internship has a flexible start date in 2024. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the posting location for the duration of the internship. For more information about Epic's Early Career Program, visit epicgames.com/earlycareers.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx27vq-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.