Intern - Product Management
Epic Games Unreal Engine Rendering Features Team is looking for a smart, creative Rendering Programmer Intern to join us in 2022. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
Rendering Features Team is responsible for driving the enhancements and new graphics features of Unreal Engine as well as continuous improvements to graphics quality. We regularly publish novel research in the field and are at the forefront of advancements in real-time graphics. You will work directly with the industry veterans and your work will reach hundreds of the engine licensees in various industries.
• Working closely with the Unreal Engine Rendering team, contributing innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of graphics rendering development
• Enhancing and maintaining the graphics of Unreal Engine
• Working on a variety of rendering areas such as material and lighting improvements, geometry, and post processing.
• Working closely with artists to iterate on features based on their feedback
• Advanced Degree in CS, Game Development,
or related field with focus on rendering or image synthesis
• Demonstrable strength in C++
• In-depth experience with real-time rendering
• Knowledge and application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
• Experience with writing shaders and using graphics API like DirectX or Vulkan
• Performance minded development and optimization skills
• Strong communication and follow-through working with others to develop and iterate on features/tools
• Examples of projects in computer graphics or game engine technology
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejzk8-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.