Intern - Concept Artist - Fortnite Marketing
What we do
The Epic Communications team advances the company's narrative and represents Epic products and the company vision to external and internal audiences globally. We create positive relationships and engagement strategies with a wide range of audiences, including media, investors, influencers, and policymakers.
What you'll do
Epic is looking for a recent college graduate to join the global communications team. You'll be tasked with ensuring our team and key internal stakeholders are kept abreast of media trends across our business and related industries, while building and maintaining key processes and projects for the communications team. If you believe in what we're building and want to be part of a growing communications team that's on the frontlines of everything we do at Epic while acquiring core communication skills on the job, this is the role for you.
• Conducting media monitoring for news about Epic and related industries including daily clips and coverage of key announcements across traditional and social media
• Building and maintaining media lists, including proactively identifying reporters who are interested in Epic's news and stories
• Supporting announcements large and small, from crafting pitches and talking points to building workback plans to keep us accountable
• Managing the CMS for the Epic Games Newsroom
• Building and iterating upon processes that will keep the communications team organized, from team folders and templates to maintaining a team-wide announcement calendar.
• BA in communications or a related field
• Relevant internship experience on a communications team and/or at a PR firm
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Someone who moves fast, is focused on delivering results and is able to work collaboratively
• Someone who is keyed into what matters to the media and what resonates on social
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d981zm-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.