Intern - Destruction Simulation Physics Programmer - Unreal Engine
Epic Games Unreal Engine Physics Team is looking for a smart, creative Physics Programmer Intern to join them for 2022. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
Our Engine Programmers help enhance and maintain core systems of Unreal Engine, as well as optimize them for multiple platforms by working directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as Epic builds the premier game engine for a multitude of platforms..
• Building tests and debugging tools for the Unreal Engine physics system
• Investigating and fixing bugs related to engine code
• Collaborate with others on the team to maintain and improve current systems
• Document technology implementation details
• Degree work in CS or related fields
• Strong C++ skills
• Excellent math and/or physics skills preferred
• An analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated interest in games and physics
• Experience with multiple core system tasks, such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
• Examples of projects in gaming or game engine technology a plus
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmw142-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.