Intern - Product Management
Epic Games is looking for an Online Programmer Intern to join them for summer 2022. Working on our Online Game Services team, you'll be supporting a multitude of systems and features for our Engine and Games.
If it's an online game feature, we touch it. Epic engineers wear many hats. As an intern, you are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
• Working closely with the Online Gameplay Services team (OGS) by architecting, developing, and maintaining shared online gameplay technology.
• Contributing to the online systems and toolsets used by licensees in the Unreal Engine as well as online features and services used by Fortnite and other games at Epic
• Developing solutions to various technical challenges from initial concept to final shipped code
• Computer Science degree or related discipline required.
• Analytical thought process and strong problem-solving skills are strongly desired.
• Demonstrable proficiency in object-oriented programing, C++ required.
• Familiarity with Java as well a plus.
• Demonstrable knowledge of networking, REST, distributed systems, and back-end services required.
• Demonstrated interest in online multiplayer games, and interest in games as a service a plus.
• Familiarity with Unreal Engine is strongly desired.
• Tech portfolio with evidence of programming work in a student or internship environment, or demonstrable game/feature strongly desired.
• We want to see examples of your code and ability to develop online features and tools.
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d981j4-3-214-224-207-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.