Intern - Product Management
Epic Games IT Media Systems Engineering is looking for a creative Media Systems Technician Intern to join them for 2022.
The Media Systems Engineering team is embedded in the IT department at Epic Games. Our team is responsible for the design, integration, and maintenance of the audio/video infrastructure globally. This includes engineering and support of the screening and dailies rooms, recording studios, editorial suites, conference rooms, video conferencing, broadcast, on-set support, and beyond! The Media Systems Technician role is an entry-level position within our talented group.
• Maintain integrated A/V systems including hardware, soft codecs, and control systems
• Collaborate with the staff engineers on various initiatives and projects (signal flow diagrams, CAD, proof-of-concepts)
• Provide remote checks of collaboration spaces such as conference rooms, theaters, and performance capture production facilities
• Troubleshoot system failures and provide break/fix support (remote)
• Provide front line response for emergency requests for professional and consumer A/V systems
• Maintain and organize engineering documents
• Provide general administrative support, asset management, and documentation updates
• Assist with the day-to-day support of the MSE team, including special projects
• Integration of new systems ensuring enterprise-wide standards are met and maintained across EPIC locations
• Interest in reading and creating with signal flow diagrams, system designs, cable termination types, and compatible signal types.
• Desktop broadcasting/steaming experience (Youtube, Twitch) desired.
• Interest in video and audio signals, including sampling rate, frame rate, frame resolution, etc.
• Interest in technologies such as Zoom, Dante, and Q-Sys.
• Strong on-the-spot troubleshooting skills.
• Friendly and patient customer service skills - able to be the positive face of the MSE Team.
• Flexible nature with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks & activities simultaneously.
• Strong administrative skills, attention to detail and follow-through.
• Ability to lift heavy equipment (50+ lbs) we may provide hardware for you to work with remotely.
• Strong interest in AV systems, recording studios, video editing, film production, content creating
• Interest in CAD (Sketchup, TwinMotion, etc)
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkwe1k-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.