Epic Games IT Infrastructure team is looking for a smart, creative Infrastructure Engineer Intern to join them for 2023. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
Infrastructure Operations is responsible for the public and private cloud environments supporting all our IT and many other Epic services, and our responsibilities involve a blend of operational support, platform development, and developer tooling. We're globally distributed to provide follow-the-sun support for our internal customers everywhere.
As an Infrastructure Engineering I ntern, in Infrastructure Operations, you will assist with the team's design/delivery of service infrastructure, investigating developer-impacting operational issues, and amplifying the technical abilities of our worldwide engineering team.
• Leverage Data from Infrastructure metrics and other resources to understand where best to implement automation
• Work with the Global Infrastructure team to build requirements for automation / project for deliverable
• Create documentation and presentation for what they want to implement
• Working with Senior Developers/Mentor to submit code to central repository for peer reviews and feedback
• Bachelor or Advanced Degree in CS or related field with focus in Software Engineering.
• Measurably proficient OOP coding ability, Python preferred.
• Non relational database experience required, Mongo DB preferred.
• Knowledge of cloud platforms and services: AWS, Azure, GCP, or VMware
• Experience writing code in scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Node.js
• Extra points to people with CI/CD experience.
This is an internship for 2023 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic's Early Career Program, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk1wj8-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.