Intern - Geometry Tools Programmer - Unreal Engine
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Epic Games Unreal Engine team is looking for a Geometry Tools Programmer Intern to join us in 2022! Our Engine Tools Programmers help enhance and maintain core systems of Unreal Engine 4, as well as optimize them for multiple platforms by working directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as Epic builds the premier game engine for a multitude of platforms.
As an intern, you'll be given challenging projects over the work term, and be provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
• Helping extend the computational geometry code base for the engine
• Implementing interactive mesh processing tools within the engine
• Developing Blueprint libraries for procedural mesh generation
• Writing unit tests and helping our QA team with automated testing
• Degree work in CS or related fields
• Strong C++ skills
• Unreal Engine game play experience: basics of networking, character movement, and blueprints
• Animation basics: state machine, blends, IK, masks, etc.
• Excellent math and/or physics skills preferred
• An analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills
• Examples of projects and technical work online a must (personal website, Github, etc.)
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4wj91-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.