Intern - Gameplay Animation Programmer - Fortnite
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games Fortnite team is looking for a creative Gameplay Animation Programmer I ntern to join them in 2022. This team is responsible for developing and maintaining gameplay animation features to bring the world of Fortnite to life. The successful candidate will work with the Battle Royale team to support the intersection between animation and gameplay.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
• Help to create and maintain the systems that express gameplay animation using C++
• Debug complex issues at the nexus of animation gameplay
• Use debugging techniques to help animators diagnose issues relating to emotes, character animation, events, etc
• Troubleshoot animation related issues and collaborate on solutions to common animation problems
• Evidence of C++ projects required
• Strong desire to work in real-time animation game systems
• Familiarity with animation fundamentals
• Experience with Unreal Engine is a plus
• Passionate about Epic Games and specifically Fortnite
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1oqm-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.