Intern - Backend Engineer - Online Platform
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Online Infrastructure Operations team is looking for a smart, creative Infrastructure Engineer Intern to join them in 2022. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
Infrastructure Operations is responsible for the production cloud environments supporting Fortnite and many other Epic services, and our responsibilities involve a blend of operational support, platform development, and developer tooling. We're globally distributed to provide follow-the-sun support for our internal customers everywhere.
As a DevOps Engineering I ntern in Infrastructure Operations will assist with the team's design/delivery of service infrastructure, investigating developer and player-impacting operational issues, amplifying the technical abilities of our worldwide engineering team.
• Leverage Data from Infrastructure metrics and Engineering Teams to understand where best to implement automation
• Work with the Global Infrastructure team to build requirements for automation / project for deliverable
• Create documentation and presentation for what they want to implement
• Bachelor or Advanced Degree in CS or related field with focus in Software Engineering.
• Measurably proficient OOP coding ability, GO or Python preferred.
• Non relational database experience required, MongoDB preferred.
• Knowledge of public cloud platforms and services: AWS, Azure, GCP
• Experience writing code in scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Node.js
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1n6y-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.