The Fortnite Desktop team is looking for a creative Desktop Engineer Intern to join them for 2022. You will have the opportunity to improve the stability and performance of the Fortnite Windows client as well as implement a major player-impacting feature. Improvements you make will benefit millions of Fortnite players on PC as well as players and developers of Unreal Engine 5.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
• Improve the stability and performance of the Fortnite Windows client
• Bring player-impacting improvements to Fortnite and Unreal Desktop platforms
• Collaborate with a wide variety of Fortnite engineering and content creation teams to solve complex technical challenges in ways that move the stability and quality of Fortnite forward
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Intermediate knowledge of C++
• Desktop platform experience (PC or linux)
• Experience in one or more of the following areas: DirectX 11/12, graphics, memory optimization, threading, profiling, game engines
• Demonstrated interest in games through school, work or hobby projects
• Proficient communication skills at the individual and team level
• Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98xxz-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.