Intern - UX Design - Fortnite
Concept Artist Internship - Fortnite Marketing
Epic Games Marketing team is looking for a creative Concept Artist Intern to join them in 2022. In this talented team of veteran and emerging artists you'll collaborate across teams, and contribute directly to Fortnite! Joining this team means you're motivated to create engaging scenes that introduce new characters or experiences to our audience of players.
Our goal is to give each new beat for Fortnite its first impression and keep our audience on their toes with what might be coming next. You'll be asked to contribute ideas and collaborate with others in deciding how to depict the untold stories of our characters and the awesome events that take our players to new worlds.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
• Concept major marketing features for Fortnite including key art, IP integrations, and in-game events
• Creating characters and environments based on direction from the Art Director and game design team
• Sketching ideas that can then be blocked out in Unreal Engine by the screenshots team
• Marketing upcoming Fortnite skins in creative and engaging ways
• Promoting new game modes through still images
• Working with graphic designers to make art that is flexible and dynamic
• Concept art portfolio required with application
• Strong foundational skills in composition, value, and dynamic posing
• Strong understanding of color theory and how color affects mood & focal points
• Knowledge of Photoshop required
• Knowledge of 3D programs like Unreal and Maya are a plus
• Strong sense of storytelling through camera compositions
• Experience in storyboarding, previs and thumbnailing are also encouraged
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1py8v-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.