Intern - Devops Engineer
Epic Games EOS Game Services Backend team is looking for a smart, creative Backend Programmer Intern to join them in 2022. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
Epic Online Services enable developers to launch, operate, and scale great games with the same services Epic uses for its own games, plus many additional services developed for the worldwide gaming community. Epic Online Services are available in a single SDK, for free. The EOS Game Services Backend team is responsible for creating new & enhancing existing service offerings as well as operating them at scale.
As an intern, you are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
• Working closely with the Online Game Services Backend team by architecting, developing, and maintaining shared online backend technology.
• Contributing to backend systems used by live Epic and Third Party titles.
• Developing solutions to various technical challenges from initial concept to final shipped code.
• Computer Science degree or related discipline.
• Analytical thought process and strong problem-solving skills desired.
• Demonstrable proficiency in object oriented programing - Java or Scala preferred.
• Backend development experience required.
• Knowledge and interest in networking, distributed systems, REST, and back-end services
• Familiarity with Public Cloud Infrastructure Components (AWS, Azure, others)
• Interest in online multiplayer games or games as a service
• Evidence of programming work in a student or internship environment.
• We want to see examples of your code and ability to develop online features and tools.
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d981e4-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.