Intern - Unreal Engine Gameplay Programmer
Epic Games is looking for an Intern to work with our Art Pipeline Team to help ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of our asset creation tools and workflows.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The Art Pipeline Team provides critical studio software development and support to artists and leads across all Epic projects. As an intern, you will learn the Fortnite pipeline, support artists in their day-to-day workflows, and partner with developers to build upon our existing codebase.
• Provide support and development of tools and procedures to extend and enhance the pipeline.
• Assist leads and artists with troubleshooting of production problems
• Support and work with multiple departments, including Character, Hard Surface, Environment, and Animation
• Ensure software development follows studio policies and guidelines
• Work closely with other Pipeline Developers, Producers, and Leads
• Testing and fixing tools created by other pipeline developers
• Strong programming skills. Proficiency in Python and Object Oriented Programming required.
• Professional and educational focus on the game industry, computer animation, or visual effects.
• Focused interest in developing and integrating tools into a production pipeline.
• Experience with the Unreal Engine and its workflows preferred
• Experience with 3rd Party CG systems such as Blender, Maya, Substance Painter/Designer, Houdini, and ShotGrid
• Seeks knowledge from co-workers and supervisors.
• Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical groups.
• Ability to work within an existing code base, including debugging unfamiliar code.
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkw3b0-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.