Animation Programmer Intern
Epic Games is on the lookout for dynamic interns to join our dev teams in 2024. Whether you work on Fortnite, Unreal Engine, or any of our other games, products, and services, you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of interactive entertainment.
Our Interns are given challenging projects throughout the work term and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
ENGINEERING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
Epic Games Animation Runtime team is looking for a smart, creative engineering intern to join them.
In this talented team of veteran and emerging engineers you'll collaborate across teams and contribute directly to Unreal Engine and Fortnite! Joining this team means you're motivated to seek solutions to problems and work with other engineers to make positive changes to animation runtime systems and tools. The heart of this role is building robust APIs and intuitive tools for millions of Unreal Engine users to use.
In this role, you will
• Work directly with the Unreal Engine and Fortnite animation teams to support features that will be experienced by millions of players and creators.
• Learn extensive debugging techniques to help animators diagnose issues.
• Working closely with the Engine team to support animation needs across Epic Games.
• Animation feature development.
• Working on optimizations in game.
• Developing solutions to various technical challenges under deadlines.
What we're looking for
• Degree work in CS or related field.
• Strong C++ knowledge.
• Strong math skills, especially vector math, trigonometry and use of quaternions for orientation.
• Experience with animation state machines, low level animation systems, and/or physics-based IK systems.
• Some level of exposure / understanding with multiple core system tasks such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
• UE4 Gameplay experience is preferred: basics of networking, character movement, and blueprints.
This internship has a flexible start date in 2024. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the posting location for the duration of the internship. For more information about Epic's Early Career Program, visit epicgames.com/earlycareers.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxb401-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.