Summer Intern - UFC Performance Nutrition
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWho We Are:
UFC® is the world's premier mixed martial arts organization (MMA), with more than 688 million fans and 211 million social media followers. The organization produces more than 40 live events annually in some of the most prestigious arenas around the world, while broadcasting to nearly 900 million TV households across more than 170 countries. UFC's athlete roster features the world's best MMA athletes representing more than 75 countries. The organization's digital offerings include UFC FIGHT PASS®, one of the world's leading streaming services for combat sports. UFC is owned by global entertainment, sports and content company Endeavor, and is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at Facebook.com/UFC, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and TikTok: @UFC.
Endeavor is a global sports and entertainment company, home to the world's most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency WME; sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation, sports operations & advisory, event & experiences management, media production & distribution, experiential marketing and brand licensing.
The Performance Nutrition Intern assists the Director, Performance Nutrition in delivering nutrition services to elite MMA athletes accessing the UFCPI on a daily basis. The Intern will have the opportunity to be involved with a variety of essential tasks, including athlete fueling, recovery and regeneration activities, food service, management of product and supplies, athlete education, and other associated tasks as required. The intern will be required to establish strong personal working relationships with athletes and coaches, and will be required to work independently in supporting our Performance Nutrition mission.
UFC's Internship Program is open to any student who is currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program. This is an in-person internship in Las Vegas, NV. UFC does not provide relocation, housing, or transportation assistance.
The Summer 2023 internship will begin on May 22, 2023 and will continue through August 4, 2023
• Assists the Director of Sport Nutrition in any sport nutrition-related tasks.
• Manages fuel stations and undertakes the preparation of fueling and/or recovery nutrition as required.
• Assists the Director of Nutrition in planning and preparing snacks and meal plans.
• Delivers small group and/or individual athlete education as required.
• Ensures clean and hygienic nutritional environments within the facility.
• Acts in an inter-disciplinary role with other technical areas as required.
Skills & Experience:
• Must be enrolled in a relevant academic program.
• Must possess or be working towards an RD or CSSD certification.
• Outstanding work ethic and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and to deliver outcome goals effectively.
• Strong desire to work with elite combat athletes.
• Experience working with athletes from weight-categorized sports is desired.
Endeavor unites and brings people together in our love of sport, culture, and entertainment. We understand this can only be accomplished when we lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we strive to reflect the world's diverse voices.
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz8qk7-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.