Intern - Public Relations Game Night
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionAre you looking to joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community through basketball? Join the Motor City Cruise team and our mission to empower!
As a Public Relations Game Night Intern, you will assist the Detroit Pistons PR team with game night responsibilities at Detroit Pistons home games. The internship runs from October through the duration of the 2022-23 NBA season. Our internship program is designed to provide interns with hands on skills and experiences that can be readily apply to future challenges and professional pursuits.
We are an organization that is committed to leadership in our community, diversity and inclusion, teamwork, our customers and personal character and accountability. We are seeking a driven addition to reflect our core values. We consider ourselves an extension of The Pistons brand, we are excited to engage with the Detroit community, and we want to meet you!
What you'll be doing
• Assisting with game-day operations.
• Coordinating the media work room.
• Supporting in-game PR efforts and post-game duties as assigned.
• Distributing media credentials.
• Providing up-to-date statistics and information to media in attendance.
• Transcribing coach and player quotes from pre/post-game interviews.
What we're looking for
• Must be available for ALL Detroit Pistons home games and able to commit to the entire 2022-23 Pistons season.
• College students entering their Junior or Senior year, or recently graduated college within the last six months.
• Must possess good writing/communication skills and be working towards a degree in Public Relations.
• A GPA of 3.0 or above is strongly preferred.
• Hard-working, self-improvers who are hungry, proactive, and have a positive attitude.
• Interns must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
• Has reliable transportation to and from Little Caesars Arena as necessary.
• Able to provide their own housing throughout the duration of the internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw1v6n-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.