APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday October 29 at 11:59 PM EST
CNN Sports is looking for an all-star intern to experience, learn and assist in sports newsgathering and production for all CNN Platforms: TV & Digital. We are made up of enthusiastic journalists who create sports content within a news climate including Bleacher Report segments on CNN-US and the World Sport daily show on CNN International.
• Interns assist sports newsgathering by providing event coverage support, logging interviews and game highlights, researching stories, and gathering video elements for edit.
• Interns assist sports production by researching and pitching story ideas, gathering video and creating graphic elements.
• Interns also assist the teams with basic administrative and production tasks.
• Passion for sports and a strong interest in storytelling
• Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Detail-oriented and reliable
• Must be computer literate and well-versed in the areas of social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Must be proficient with Adobe Premiere (or similar) video editing software.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
• Spring 2022 program dates are January 24th - April 15th; must be available for full program duration
• Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule
• Company-issued computer provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxokjq-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.