Seasonal Visitor Services Intern
Job Title: Seasonal Visitor Services Ambassador
Department: Reds Hall of Fame and Museum
Reports To: Visitor Services and Retail Manager
FLSA: Seasonal/Hourly, Non-Exempt
Term: March 1, 2024 – September 30, 20244
The storied history of baseball in Cincinnati is on display at the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum. Museum Ambassadors assist in museum operations to bring the history of Reds baseball to life and provide exemplary service to all guests. Museum Ambassadors skillfully present information in a clear and concise manner to guests of varied ages and backgrounds. Museum Ambassadors welcome guests, answer questions, and highlight important areas of the museum to ensure an outstanding guest experience. Museum Ambassadors may lead tours of Great American Ball Park as well as the museum. Museum Ambassadors also assist with game day sales and fundraising initiatives in the fan zone.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum Policies and Procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
• Perform duties as workload necessitates to achieve the goals of the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum
• Possess the ability to communicate with an audience of variable size and ages
• Meet department productivity standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greeting scheduled tour groups and museum guests upon arrival to the museum
• Opening and closing responsibility for the museum and/or game day Fan Zone
• Perform box office operations with the sale of admission and tour tickets, memberships, and merchandise
• Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of museum exhibits, activities, and initiatives
• Verbally disseminate information to small and large groups of guests of all ages
• Assist with museum special events
• Assist museum staff with membership recruitment, merchandising and promotion, and various inter-departmental projects
• Occasionally conduct tours of Great American Ball Park and the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum
• Assist with education programs and school groups as needed
• Ability to supervise staff and volunteers effectively and diplomatically in the absence of managers
• Other duties as assigned
Experience, Education and Licensure:
• College degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Willingness to work extended hours on game days and on weekends is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Excellent verbal communications skills are a must.
• High comfort level interacting with various audiences and age groups is essential.
• Must have a positive and upbeat demeanor with a team-player mentality.
• Must be self-motivated, creative, and able to proactively solve problems.
• Must present a professional attitude and appearance and have a desire to succeed.
• Must possess strong interpersonal and time management skills with the ability to adapt to various situations.
• Must have the ability to lift 15 or more pounds.
• Must possess a strong desire to learn the history of the Reds franchise.
Part-time staff and volunteers
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to prevalent weather conditions for short periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
You MUST complete your application in the third-party system to be considered. Once you click 'Apply Now' you will be redirected to finish your application. Applicants who do not complete this step will not be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbzbyy-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.