Summer Intern - VidCon Marketing
New York, NY
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
The Social Strategy Team is responsible for determining and helping to execute Comedy Central's brand priorities on all social platforms (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok). The team works with other Comedy Central teams - Creative, Series Strategy, Marketing, Development, Research -- to develop the social strategy around new and returning series, stunts, events and most importantly: the creation of original content specifically designed for social platforms.
The team oversees a shared social calendar for CC brand and shows, sets guidelines for best practices for each platform and optimizes our social content accordingly, identifies best performing content types from competitors and other creators, provides regular updates on social trends and on-the-rise digital talent, and helps to develop brand-specific content that showcases the CC voice.
The Social Strategy Team also maintains close relationships with platform partners, regularly updating the team on changes and identifying new and emerging platforms, tools and vendors.
The Comedy Central Social Strategy Intern will support the Social Strategy team by doing basic reporting and tracking; pitching and creating social content; and providing insights on social trends, competitors, and talent. The internship will culminate with a presentation to the team about a TBD topic related to social trends, emerging platforms, and/or the competitive landscape.
• Reporting on Comedy Central social media performance
• Competitive research on social platforms
• Identifying on-the-rise digital creators/talent and emerging social media trends
• Determining trends & cultural events for social activity
• Ideation/brainstorming around original social content & brand activations
• Identifying and creating/requesting social assets from library CC shows, movies, etc.
• Providing insights, best practices, platform updates, and competitive research on new & emerging social platforms
• Tagging/adding metadata to social posts within our social management tool
• Attending team meetings and brainstorms
• Pending Covid restrictions, in-person internships may also involve on-set assistance with digital productions
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• A passion for, and a curiosity about digital & social media (particularly YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok), combined with an interest in comedy and pop culture
• Strong attention to detail and sharp, concise writing skills
You might also have -
• Applicants should be self-starters with excellent time management skills
• Should be fans of Comedy Central, and should be familiar with the many diverse properties of the brand, from The Daily Show and South Park to Broad City and Comedy Central Stand-Up.
• Should be comfortable with using Excel for basic data analysis
• Creative/production skills -- e.g., video editing, graphic design, etc. -- are a plus but not required
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.