Summer Intern - Quality Engineering
New York, NY
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
CBS All Access, soon to be Paramount+, is a fast-growing streaming platform, offering services across web, mobile, and OTT devices. When All Access was launched, CBS became the first broadcast company to create a paid service without partnering with a paid cable provider. In short, we broke new ground in the industry by providing robust, interactive services with unprecedented access to local content. At the same time, we built an innovative and exciting work environment to inspire and reward the cutting-edge ideas, creativity, and technical/operational expertise of our managers and employees. This Video Operations team is responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content that is streamed on over 15 platforms.
In this role the Intern will work closely with the supervisor to understand the basics of an end to end system for delivering live video content using streaming technology. They will be introduced to the overall architecture and dive deeper into the nuances of the backend systems and how to manage them.
• Check parameters related to the quality of the live video
• Compare those against what was learned to be the standard
• Discuss the results and suggest improvements
• Metrics improvements
• Refine established processes and procedures
• Introduce new concepts
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Must be eager to learn and passionate about live video streaming
• Basic understanding of Video Technology or Video Engineering
You might also have -
• Experience with H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9, AAC video and audio codec standards
• Experience with container formats, transmuxing and streaming protocols (DASH/HLS).
• Experience with technical writing and design documentation.
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.