Summer Intern - Quality Assurance Automation
Remote / Virtual
Do you have a passion for Sports? Do you love to code? If you answered yes, then CBS Sports may be looking for you! CBS Interactive Advanced Media provides live and on-demand video to hundreds of colleges. We are part of CBS Interactive's portfolio of multiplatform brands, which includes CBSSports.com, premier Fantasy offerings, high school sports leader MaxPreps, 247Sports, Scout, and Sportsline. CBS Interactive Advanced Media is looking for an experienced Software Developer for our engineering team.
We are seeking a highly motivated software engineering intern to join our robust forming video engineering team. This role will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of the CBS Sports Digital live and on-demand video streaming platforms.
• Collaborate with the team to maintain existing product features
• Support and improve core software infrastructure that powers live and on-demand video workflows
• Coordinate with various internal and external business and technical partners to categorize and analyze our digital video content library
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
• Previous exposure to structured Software Development Lifecycle processes and procedures
• Technical analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills
• Strong desire to learn new technologies and techniques
• Proven organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
• Currently working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related software engineering field
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or boot camp
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Experience working with AWS services like Lambda, DynamoDB, and API Gateway
• Experience doing application delivery at an online company in digital media or in the telecommunications industry or at a broadcast company
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.