Summer Intern - Masters - Business Intelligence
Business Intelligence is part of the larger Data Insights Group (DIG) team, and is a diverse and agile group responsible for supporting a variety of partner teams with data, insights and guidance. This role will specifically be in News, one of the three CBS Digital Media properties, headquartered in New York, New York.
The role will require the candidate to successfully document, complete and present a data analysis project.
In addition to your project, you also have the following responsibilities:
• Create as well as assist in setting up reports and dashboards to track critical metrics and drive executive decisions, overall editorial strategy and product development.
• Generate Adobe Omniture dashboards (specifically in Workspace) based on business needs, maintain delivery.
• Create Excel-based and Tableau dashboards
• Write advanced and custom SQL for data extraction
• Automate processes and report generation using custom SQL, Tableau and other SQL-based stored procedures.
• Assist in conducting ad-hoc data analyses, particularly but not limited with the clickstream dataset
• Cater to JIRA tickets
• Build presentations catered to each audience, present and follow up as necessary
• Assist the Product team by catering to data requests and providing insights
• Assist the Marketing team with guidance on future campaigns, return on investment estimations as well as post-campaign reporting.
• Help the Editorial team identify top performing display and video assets and provide guidance in daily meetings.
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
• Proven organizational skills, and the ability to multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent data analysis and problem-solving skills
• Strong Excel skills required; pivot tables a must
• Advanced SQL Knowledge
• Advanced Tableau Knowledge
• Strong Eye For Business
• Python programming experience
• Sound communication skills; both verbal and written skills are critical
• Attention to detail
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or Bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Prior Business Intelligence work or project experience
• Experience with Adobe Omniture tools (SiteCatalyst, Discover, Workspace and Reportbuilder in particular)
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.