Intern - Run To Home Base
Boston Red Sox
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionDEPARTMENT OVERVIEW:
The Red Sox Foundation is one of the largest team charities in Major League Baseball, strategically using its platform to be a leading source of hope and positivity off the field in the areas of health, education and recreation. By coupling our year-round, direct-service programming with our grant-making initiatives and core partnerships, we utilize a unique model as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization to effectively triple our impact in New England and Lee County, Florida. It is the passion of the best fans in baseball that make our work possible.
The Run To Home Base Intern's primary role is to strengthen relationships and provide excellent customer service to our 2,500+ individuals participating in the Run To Home Base. The Run To Home Base is a 5K/9K run or walk in which all funds raised go directly towards the life-saving care for our Veterans and their Families who are impacted by the invisible wounds of war. This intern will have the unique opportunity to work between the Home Base Program and the Red Sox Foundation.
TIMELINE: December 1, 2023 – August 31, 2024
• Serve as primary liaison for Run To Home Base participants, working closely with the Development Teams at the Home Base Program and Red Sox Foundation to steward donors and strengthen relationships
• Oversee Run To Home Base email inbox on behalf of the Home Base Program and Red Sox Foundation
• Manage registration and fundraising inquiries
• Lead communications with Top Fundraisers, All-Stars ($2,500+), and Team Captains
• Provide assistance on engagement with Team Captains, including assistance with fundraising events
• Master CRM platform, Summa, to enter offline donations, edit participant registration profiles and edit and refund donations
• Export and manipulate registration and donation reports
• Work bib pick-up day on July 26, 2024 and event day on July 27, 2024* *pending state approval
• Responsible for other duties, as assigned by the Red Sox Foundation and Home Base Program
• Passion for event planning and fundraising or development
• Previous event experience preferred but not required
• Solid organizational skills
• Ability to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv28jw-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.