- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Public Relations Internship
Thank you for your interest in the Orioles Public Relations Internship. This internship is a paid position for roughly 40 hours per week during the 2022 regular season. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Editing and writing for various team publications, including Birdland Insider, Orioles Magazine, daily game notes, and press releases
• Assisting with game notes and statistical information, including pitcher pages, postgame notes, stat packs, and lineup sheets
• Writing a daily summary of minor league system highlights
• Printing and distributing credentials to media members
• Drafting internal communications to staff including informational emails and the monthly Birdland Bulletin
• Monitoring press clips from local and national media outlets
• Copying and distributing all game day materials
• Drafting tweet copy for Birdland Insider Twitter account
• Escorting special guests and assisting with events
• Coordinating promotions of upcoming giveaway items with local TV and radio stations
• Responding to phone and mail inquiries from media and general public
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
• Outgoing personality and ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences including media, general public, fans, and players
• Conversational skills in Spanish preferred
• Superior writing skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs and Adobe InDesign preferred
• Knowledge of baseball and the Orioles organization
• Prior experience with a sports team or college sports information department is preferred
Ability to commit long hours, including nights and weekends throughout the season
*Candidates must have a flexible start date
Candidates that are interested in applying are encouraged to apply to this post.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race (including hair textures, afro hairstyles, or protective hairstyles), color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran's status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement of the position, subject to consideration of reasonable accommodations for documented medical or religious needs that do not pose an undue hardship.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3xpxn-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.