Ticketing and Hospitality Internship – Baltimore Orioles Spring Training, Sarasota, FL
Preferred dates: January 2nd – March 31st
This is a paid internship, with the opportunity to earn college credit. Approximately 40 hours a week January-March.
The ideal candidate is interested in a career in professional sports with an emphasis in Hospitality, Ticket Sales/Marketing and Community Relations.
• Assist the Ticket Manager in setup of picnic areas, luxury suites, and 3rd base lounge for incoming guests.
• Utilize ticketing system (Tickets.com ProVenue) to process ticket orders, season tickets, group tickets and individual game tickets; assist people with digital ticketing
• Service and interact with customers on a regular basis to help resolve ticket questions and concerns
• Work on the street team and represent the Orioles at community events, deliver pocket schedules out to local businesses, and execute other grassroots marketing projects
• Coordinate and facilitate all Orioles open practices
• Assist in on-field pregame ceremonies, in-game promotions as well as post game events
• Provide administrative support to Florida Operations staff
• Comply with and adhere to all company performance, conduct and attendance standards
• Graduated or current enrollment in Bachelor's/Master's Degree from an accredited college/university in Sports Management, Communications, Marketing or related field is preferred
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office and possess strong technical skills
• Must be reliable, punctual, courteous, have good listening and multi-tasking skills
Qualified candidates must submit a resume no later than Friday, November 3rd at 5pm.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race (including hair textures, afro hairstyles, or protective hairstyles), color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran's status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn0b8k-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.