Who are we:
A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast-paced world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you:
An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct basketball related research projects as assigned by the Basketball Strategy & Analytics group.
• Research will vary in focus and scope, from long-term exploratory topics to short-term directed studies.
• Candidates are expected to innovate on existing research and collaborate on new research topics.
• Improve the existing analytics infrastructure including reporting, automation, and database development.
• Meet regularly with the Basketball Strategy & Analytics staff via conference calls/video calls to discuss, debate, and present research. Meetings will also give the opportunity to gain insight into the workings of a basketball analytics group for an NBA team.
• Provide general support in all aspects of basketball operations as required.
• Help with day-to-day data collection for basketball operations.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or a related field.
• Applicants must be returning to school in Fall of 2023.
• Willing and able to work remotely for the duration of the internship.
• Experience with Go is a plus.
• Experience working with relational databases and SQL.
• Experience working with large data.
• Experience with basketball specific data is a plus.
• Experience building fast, interactive visualizations.
• Experience with R Shiny framework is a plus.
• Able and willing to meet deadlines, both on advanced and on short notice.
• Attention to detail with exemplified ability to check work.
• Willing to work on time consuming tasks such as data collection, code cleanup, and code review.
• Capable of maintaining productivity in both independent and team environments.
• Experience maintaining well-organized and structured code repositories for reproducible analysis.
• Positive and collaborative communicator with a willingness to ask questions.
• Knowledge of the rules of basketball, specifically the NBA and the G-League.
• Passion for Basketball and Sports.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being champions of diversity in our organization and community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
If this opportunity looks exciting to you, please complete the application process. Go Hawks!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwo36p-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.