Intern - Event Development and Production
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionIntern, Event Development and Production
To assist and support Arizona Diamondbacks Events and Entertainment with; administrative tasks, all events and event-related functions, sales and marketing initiatives, and contribute to the growth and success of ADEE.
Primary (Essential) Duties
• Support day-to-day operations of ADEE
• In partnership with Legal department assist with the creation and distribution of event contracts and to ensure all documentation (COI's, Permits, Etc.) for ADEE events is properly maintained
• Assist with post-event financial reconciliation and documentation
• Utilize and assist in the management for ReServe software, including finding efficiencies, utilizing for reporting and generation of event forms and documents
• Assist, with the managing and updating of the event calendar, including collaborating with Ballpark Operations on internal event and ballpark use needs.
• Contribute to the creation and regular updating of the Chase Field events website and any collateral
• Assist with visits, prepare event proposals, including sourcing estimates or quotes from vendors and internal support departments
• Maintain effective communication between departments and contractors
• Assist with the event set-up, including tables, chairs, moving furniture, etc. as needed
• Facilitate the collection of all post-event notes with the intent of celebrating successes while also constructively correcting necessary items in order to ensure future improvement success
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
• Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task, exhibit detailed work and are customer-service oriented
• Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently to develop projects and produce desired results
• Strong teamwork attitude
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, CRM
• Must be a junior, senior, postgraduate student or within a year of post-graduation obtaining a degree from an accredited college or university
• Must be passionate and motivated to pursue a career in the sports industry
• Minimum of 20 hours per week
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
• Work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays is required.
• Ability to walk and stand for long periods
• Exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
• Operate a motor vehicle or company cart
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxze54-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.