Intern, Baseball Operations/Player Personnel
The Arizona Diamondbacks are seeking a full-season intern to work within the Baseball Operations group. The day-to-day responsibilities of this role will vary depending on the baseball calendar, allowing them to gain experience in multiple areas of the department. A model candidate will be able to leverage their analytical skills, a strong sense of creativity and their knowledge and passion for the game of baseball to provide innovative ideas throughout the Baseball Operations decision making process. There will also be an emphasis on player evaluation and an understanding of the pro-personnel landscape.
• Produce statistical analysis and daily reports for the entire baseball related staff.
• Have a deep understanding of the pro player pool and the ability to write objective evaluation reports.
• Continuously explore interesting research questions to identify new trends in the game that will lead to competitive advantages.
• Recommend advancements to the current Baseball Operations procedures and infrastructure to improve efficiency.
• Assist with the capture and processing of on-field technology at both Chase Field and Salt River Fields.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• A degree from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent experience. Analytical fields such as statistics, predictive analytics, data science, engineering, applied math, physics, computer science, computer vision, etc. are preferred, but not required.
• A demonstrated quantitative background, either by degree or work sample, is strongly preferred (SQL, R, Python, Tableau, or other programming language).
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) is required.
• A self-starter with strong communication skills.
• High level understanding and passion for the game of baseball.
• Excellent work ethic and attention to detail while balancing multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6wkqq-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.