Intern - Game Design
Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:User Research Internship
User Research Internship
Activision is looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for the 2021 summer. We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect, and fun. All Activision interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We'll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the game you are contributing on. Internships will be offered at our development studios across the country as well as Activision's corporate headquarters.
We are currently planning on having our internships in-person. With that said, the safety of our employees is a top priority and we are comfortable transitioning our internship to be 100% virtual if needed.
• Assist with the execution of user-tests including setup, breakdown, game review, intake/outtake of participants, recording/reporting of the players' experiences, and other research related activities
• Provide summarized research results for discussion and write-up
• Maintain lab equipment
• Analyze survey responses and contribute to research reports
• Support the User Research staff in studies and other ad-hoc projects
• Must be continuing education in Fall of 2021 pursuing a bachelors, masters, or program in game development or a field focusing on human subject research (e.g., psychology, human computer interaction, human factors, anthropology, or similar)
• Available for a 12-week internship starting in late May or late June
• Good interpersonal communication (both written and verbal)
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Adaptable and quick learner that enjoys tackling a large variety of problems
• Must be able to handle a variety of responsibilities without becoming overwhelmed
• Must have a passion for video games and familiarity with a variety of genres
• Well-versed in Activision's titles
• Knowledge of game design
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.