Technical Art Internship
At Activision Blizzard we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences, driven by our company values and passion, Activision Blizzard creates worlds with the focus to entertain the universe. We are looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for the 2023 summer. All interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We'll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the team you are contributing on.
All interns will be given the choice to work remotely or relocate to the internship location. The company will cover relocation services and will provide a living student to supplement housing, utility, and office supply costs.
• Must be a current student pursuing their bachelors, masters, or PhD and graduating May 2023 or later.
• Available for a 12-week internship starting late May or late June.
• Can demonstrate strong artistic sensibilities, robust technical skills, and strong work ethic.
• Passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful artist in the video game industry.
• Candidates must apply with a resume and portfolio link to be considered.
• We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications ? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Tech Art Internship
Provide rigging to our characters and/or create tools for other artists to create epic environments. Learn and contribute to writing and handling veracious tools, set up technically complex art assets, implement various content pipelines, and gain hands-on experience working on our newest game asset creation pipelines as part of our MoCap R&D team
• Cover letter required.
• Solid understanding
of a game engine (Unity/Unreal) or C++ and object-oriented programming practices.
• Experience with Maya and Photoshop.
• Experience with realistic human character art/animation.
• Experience with Motion Builder, Blade, Z-Brush, Agisoft , Faceware and other relevant software .
• Knowledge of Motion Capture, FACS, human facial anatomy, facial animation and related topics are a plus .
• Work with artist and animators on one of Activision's award-winning franchises.
• Help make new characters, environments, concepts, animations, UI, and/or armor.
• Work closely with a mentor to improve technical skills, artistic sensibilities, and a strong work ethic.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color , religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of disability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk13m0-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.