Intern - Software Development - May
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionSoftware Development Internship
Demonware (Activision), Dublin, Ireland
To be considered, please apply to this role and complete our Codility assessment: https://app.codility.com/public-link/Demonware-Internship-2022/
Big company challenges, small company culture
Demonware hosts millions of concurrently connected users. Technologies we use, but are not limited to, Python, Linux, MySQL, C++, and Erlang. We solve tough problems on a day to day basis, and interns have a big impact on what we do. We've had interns commit code and have it running in production within the first three days of joining.
We also like to have fun while we're working hard. We dress casually, we have flexible hours, and we have kickass coffee.
''We get to work with large distributed systems, debug them, and have to visualize them in our heads – things you wouldn't have exposure to or get to touch in any other workplace. The work is challenging, and you get to work alongside highly experienced people.''
- Tyler Dixon, intern, 16 months
• Helping game studios integrate multiplayer features into the next 'Call of Duty'.
• Developing plugins and extending our automation framework.
• Developing core features for our allocation and provisioning systems.
• Evolving, scaling, productizing and supporting our Kubernetes platform.
• Designing and implementing tools and automations running on distributed systems.
• Deploying and maintaining multiple Kubernetes clusters across multiple DCs with hundreds of nodes.
• Performing root cause analyses and proposing and/or implementing appropriate engineering solutions to prevent or mitigate recurring incidents.
• Participating in design and code reviews.
• Creating tools to automate all the things!
You will be required to work a minimum of 6 months but generally, the longer term (8 Month+) is preferred as you get more in-depth experience.
• Excellent programming skills.
• A good grasp of fundamental algorithms and data structures.
• Familiarity with source control (git preferred).
• Excellent debugging and analytical skills.
• Can identify complex problems and find simple solutions.
• Can clearly communicate technical concepts in plain English.
• Understanding of SQL−based databases (MySQL preferred).
• Knowledge of networking technologies, e.g. TCP, UDP.
• Experience with Linux.
• Experience with multi−platform software development.
• Experience with security and scalability.
• Experience developing REST web services.
• Experience with Kubernetes and golang.
We're looking for the same qualities as Joel Spolsky: ''smart, and gets things done''. For that reason, we welcome your application even if your work experience is limited and you haven't yet built up a mile-long resume.
Please list any additional experience you have with Linux at home, any programming-related hobbies and resulting projects, any interesting school assignments you worked on, any open source involvement and a link to your code repository and/or blog.
• Complimentary breakfast, lunch, and drinks from a fully stocked kitchen
• City-center office location
• Vacation allowance
• Competitive pay
• Free games
• Intern Team Events
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter (optional but preferred) and a copy of your most recent school transcripts via this application.
As part of the application process, you will need to complete an online coding challenge.
Once you have completed the test, our hiring teams will review your results and your application documents.
Below you will find a link to the Codility site where the challenge is hosted. You will need a full 130 minutes of uninterrupted time to complete the challenge.
Demonware Internship Test 2022:
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1p6bx-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.