Intern - Game Development
Woodland Hills, CA
Production & Project Management Internship
Please note that we are currently planning on having our internships in-person. With that said, the safety of our employees is a top priority and we are comfortable transitioning our internship to be 100% virtual if needed .
Must be a current student pursuing their bachelors, masters, or PhD and graduating December 2022 or later.
• Available for a 12-week internship starting in late May or late June
• Passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful engineer in the video game industry
• Candidates must apply with a resume and a link to their code samples to be considered
Production Internship: Join the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare live ops production team as they support the game in real time. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who enjoys problem solving and fast paced environments.
• In depth experience with project management showcased through school projects on previous employment
• Knowledge of Excel and Jira or other project management software
• Experience leading a development project involving designers and developers
• You are familiar with Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies, specifically Scrum.
• You possess strong communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with many internal and external groups.
• You are passionate about video game development
Project Management Internship: Work with the Central Technology Game Security team in Los Angeles, CA. These groups protect our games and create innovative ways to support our online player base from cheating.
• Understanding of project planning concepts, including waterfall, agile / scrum.
• Basic knowledge of planning and tracking tools such Smartsheets, Project, JIRA, Confluence.
• Aptitude for breaking down complex problems into manageable tasks.
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders, understand and document requirements, and track and report progress across projects.
• Organize and monitor projects from beginning to end.
• Help the lead product management define and document specific features to be built.
• Keep leadership and stakeholders apprised of status.
• In partnership with your team, leverage creativity and problem-solving to iterate on development processes.
• Create transparency, predictability, and consistency within your team.
Activision is looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for the 2022 summer . We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect, and fun. All Activision interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We'll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the game you are contributing on. Internships will be offered at our development studios across the country as well as Activision's corporate headquarters.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, Spyro™, Tony Hawk's™: Pro Skater™, and Sekiro ™.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color , religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of disability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p8o0-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.