Character Art Internship
At Activision Blizzard we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences, driven by our company values and passion, Activision Blizzard creates worlds with the focus to entertain the universe. We are looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for the 2023 summer. All interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We'll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the team you are contributing on.
All interns will be given the choice to work remotely or relocate to the internship location. The company will cover relocation services and will provide a living student to supplement housing, utility, and office supply costs.
• Must be a current student pursuing their bachelors, masters, or PhD and graduating May 202 3
• Available for a 12-week internship starting late May or late June.
• Can demonstrate strong artistic sensibilities, robust technical skills, and strong work ethic.
• Passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful artist in the video game industry.
• Candidates must apply with a resume and portfolio link to be considered.
• We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications ? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Character Artist: Work closely with our Character Art Team to create memorable heroes, villains and creatures that inhabit our game's worlds. You will get the opportunity to collaborate with concept artists, riggers, animators and designers to create high quality character assets to be rigged and animated for our games.
• Skilled digital sculptor in Zbrush
• Proficient in a traditional modelling package like 3DS Max or Maya.
• Experience with creating PBR materials.
• Strong understanding of anatomy.
• Enthusiasm for participating in the critique process and ability to execute on feedback.
• Work with artist and animators on one of Activision's award-winning franchises.
• Help make new characters, environments, concepts, animations, UI, and/or armor.
• Work closely with a mentor to improve technical skills, artistic sensibilities, and a strong work ethic.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color , religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of disability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx874j-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.