Analytics Intern ship
At Activision Blizzard we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences, driven by our company values and passion, Activision Blizzard creates worlds with the focus to entertain the universe. We are looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for the 2023 summer. All interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We'll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the team you are contributing on.
All interns will be given the choice to work remotely or relocate to the internship location. The company will cover relocation services and will provide a living stipend to supplement housing, utility, and office supply costs.
• Must be pursuing a bachelors, masters, or PhD majoring in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics
or a related technical field and graduating December 202 3
• Curious, dedicated , analytical, and excited to play with data.
• Available for a 12-week internship starting in late May or late June.
• We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications ? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Machine Learning (Consumer Technology): Leverage data, game APIs, and creative marketing to build an engaging experience for players outside of the console or PC, working on challenging projects that apply your education and critical thinking abilities to have an impact on business initiatives, working on machine learning models, analyzing KPIs, participating in the design and code review process and partnering with other engineers in a collaborative environment.
• Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture.
• Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms.
• Ability to write robust code in Python.
• Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras , PyTorch , Tensorflow ) and libraries (like scikit-learn).
Data Science (Franchise Models): Help develop and operationalize machine learning models that impact Game Operations, Marketing, CRM, and Business Planning. Contribute to the goal of understanding and improving consumer/player experiences.
• Programming proficiency in Python and/or R.
• Knowledge of Spark.
• Knowledge of data systems, relational databases, querying with SQL.
• Experience with engineering tools and methods ( github , unit testing, continuous integration, etc.).
• Experience with machine learning tools ( SciKit -Learn, TensorFlow, etc.).
Data Science: Be a core component of the most successful Mobile gaming business through analytical excellence. Be part of a business that moves at breakneck speed and delivers the most engaging experiences to our players and fans.
• Specialize in one of the following areas: deep learning, reinforcement learning, computer graphics, or recommendation systems.
• Ability to write robust code in Python.
• Database querying (e.g., Big Query).
• Experience building and evaluating machine learning or statistical models.
• Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras, PyTorch, Tensorflow) and libraries (like scikit-learn).
• Proficient in object-oriented programming.
Data Analytics: Be a core component of the most successful Mobile gaming business by working closely with internal teams across Product, Production, User Acquisition, Development, Design, Leadership, and other decision-makers on our games to deliver critical insights to support strategic business and marketing decisions.
• Majoring or taking coursework in a related field (business intelligence, analytics, etc.).
• Familiarity with query languages (i.e. SQL) or enterprise data visualization software (i.e. Tableau).
• Familiarity with gaming, digital, entertainment industries, or scientific research fields.
• Explore game or player data in various contexts.
• Use modern data science methods to analyze data.
• Visualize and interpret analytical results.
• Spend a summer focusing on a meaningful project that directly impacts game development while having an unparalleled experience.
• Participate in learning and development tech talks to understand how our employees come together to launch AAA games.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color , religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of disability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g60n40-44-192-38-248-42 in your application.