Storyboard Artist - CG Preschool Series
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney's Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney's international media operations and the Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company's ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
In 2019, the Walt Disney Company launched Disney+, a Disney-branded streaming service featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. The Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) service will serve as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalogue that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases.
We're looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and enthusiastic person for the position of Content Operations - Supply Chain. Reporting to the Senior Director, Content Operations - Catalog in Glendale, this individual will be responsible for flawless delivery of Disney+ titles for Special Projects, from ordering to ready-to-stream. This person will collaborate with Disney Studio Operations (DSO) to ensure on-time delivery for audio & video, artwork and metadata, and with Disney Streaming Services (DSS) to validate assets are ready-to-stream based on component order by territory. The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for enforcing service level agreements, ensuring all planned titles have coordinated deliveries throughout the respective content management and delivery systems, and work closely with the Media Delivery team to resolve delivery conflicts.
The ideal candidate will use project management expertise, keen eye for detail, and exceptional organizational skills to manage scheduled Disney+ Special Project titles, including localized components. This role will work daily with cross functional teams (Programming, Library Technical Services (LTS), Tech Ops and Product) to ensure assets are planned and communicated accurately and timely. This position will require detailed knowledge of the upstream content management systems at The Walt Disney Company. This individual will understand the role each source system plays in the content operations value chain, and how the assets flow through to all our products and services downstream to the media service operations team. This individual will also bring a passion for innovation and title management, capable of partnering with others on title delivery processes and efficiencies.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who can effectively collaborate and communicate at all levels of the organization, including Senior (VP-level) Product and Technology leaders at the Company.
What does success look like?
In success, you would have consistently delivered all net-new Disney+ library titles monthly and within the standard service agreements set forth by all parties. You will have delivered assets on time and without error, every time. You will have established highly collaborative relationships with the Disney+ Programming, Library Technical Services, and Media Delivery groups. You will have also partnered effectively with multiple product and technology teams to ensure we transform the operations and invest for improved automation and scalability, in support of our global growth ambitions for Disney+.
• Oversee weekly and/or monthly title releases, ensuring all deliveries have been completed
• Track asset readiness and delivery timelines for net-new title requests
• Stay highly-aligned with multiple cross-functional teams (Programming, LTS & DSS)
• Communicate title deadlines and delivery expectations across functional teams for downstream workflow needs
• Escalate delivery delays to appropriate teams, inclusive of contingency plan
• Troubleshoot title issues quickly and efficiently; follow up on incomplete or inadequate answers to pin down the facts and take action to tie up loose ends
• Partner with Disney+ Programming to ensure accurate readiness of monthly library assets
• Documenting, troubleshooting, and escalating issues - ultimately driving to resolution through collaboration of internal or external partners
• Partner with team members to analyze and evaluate workflows and recommend operational enhancements to improve efficiency
• Minimum 4 years' experience in content databases and digital distribution
• Ability to understand and interpret Disney+ business needs and product requirements
• Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at one time
• Excellent Excel skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate on a regular cadence the status of deliveries to meet timelines
• Experience using Jira or any project tracking software
• Build and maintain effective and credible relationships with key stakeholders and across all areas of the business. People management and effective communication is key in this role
• A keen eye for detail and an ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve technical problems related to creative and digital deliveries
• Strong digital asset management background
• Teamwork, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
• Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
• Prior experience at a studio, online content provider, or posthouse facility a plus