Full Time Job
Senior Software Engineer, Graphics
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
NetherRealm, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior Software Engineer – Graphics to work closely with the KoreTech rendering team on the next generation console graphics vision for the Mortal Kombat™ and Injustice™ franchises
As a Senior Graphics Engineer you will work closely with the Lead Engineer and the rest of your peers to develop state-of-the-art graphics technology for PS5, and XBOX Series X. Your domain will span the entire rendering pipeline and your responsibilities will include optimization, design, and implementation of pivotal new graphics technology.
In addition, as part of our highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of engineering systems across the entire codebase. Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project. This job will require close collaboration with the Lead Engineer on issues of technical design and the Senior Tech Artists as appropriate during implementation and roll-out of new features.
• Design, author, maintain and document robust and highly optimized systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements.
• Work closely with QA and your technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of your systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects.
• Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture.
• Collaborate with Lead Engineer, Technical Art and Game Engineers to identify systems in need of optimization or replacement and on proposals of exciting new graphics technologies.
• Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies.
• Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems.
• B.S. degree in CS/EE/Math/Physics or equivalent.
• 5+ years professional C/C++ programming.
• Experience working with current graphics algorithms and hardware.
• Designed, implemented, optimized, and maintained rendering systems for a published game (preferred).
• Experience with memory management, multi-threading and low-level optimizations.
• Experience writing shaders (preferred).
• Experience with image filtering techniques (preferred).
• Experience developing for either Xbox1 or PS4 (preferably both).
• Worked on multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship (preferred).
• Proven ability to rapidly prototype new graphics techniques and turn these prototypes into robust, maintainable, shippable systems.
• Understanding of modern rendering topics and GPU architectures.
• Experience collaborating with content creators and engineers to accomplish difficult tasks.
• Experience with D3D12 and SM6.x (preferred).
• Knowledge of 3D math (preferred).
• Ability to easily communicate technical topics with engineers and non-technical people.
• Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers.
• Understanding of the game development process and workflows of various disciplines.
• Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
• Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills.
• Ability to work well in a team development environment with strong communication skills.
• Strong desire to build industry-leading technology and ship the highest quality AAA games.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site