Visual Effects Artist
Job Title:Environment Artist
As an Environment Artist, your mission is to create cutting-edge environments and worlds for our AAA titles, all while collaborating with a talented team of Artists and Designers.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Create models/textures and assemble scenes for architectural and organic environments.
• Troubleshoot and maintain levels to stay within design spec, art, and memory/framerate budgets.
• Collaborate with other artists, and level designers to assemble and detail game environments.
• Communicate effectively with other team members.
• 2-3 years of experience creating high-quality 3D architecture, environments, lighting, and levels.
• A solid portfolio demonstrating focus and commitment to realistic environment and current-gen 2d/3d asset creation, ideally demonstrating various objects alone and assembled into compelling environments.
• Proficiency in Maya or 3ds Max, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance Designer/Painter.
• Possess an understanding of forms, shapes, and silhouettes as it pertains to modeling.
• Proven ability to demonstrate and execute multiple art styles.
• Ability to visualize and build levels with minimal concept art and direction.
• Strong technical skills to manage memory, frame rate limits, and budgets.
• Thrive in a collaborative environment, work well with other team members, are flexible to change, and can give/receive feedback.
• Deadline-oriented; can manage and organize work to ensure deadlines are met.
• 1+ shipped AAA title.
• Foundation in traditional arts.
• Experience with Unreal Engine.
Vicarious Visions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site