The Assignment & Web Producer will produce and distribute content elements across several media platforms.
• Produce, organize, write, and edit content for newscast
• Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present content on multiple media platforms
• Regularly confer with other team members to pick strongest editorial piece produced daily and optimize those articles for the web sites
• Own the editorial and creative development and coverage of assigned stories across multiple platforms, including but not limited to broadcast, digital and web
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Communications/Journalism or related degree required
• One year minimum experience in newsgathering and/or production
• Experience writing, producing and editing on a desktop editing system
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms
• Basic understanding and demonstration of multi-media file formats and strong computer skills
• Understand the importance of social media
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site