Senior Director, Design
San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer (Network Back-end, Voice)
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
PlayStation Voice Experience is helping to innovate and create the next wave of voice experiences by building features that enable customers to interact with the PlayStation ecosystem using natural language. You will work alongside stakeholders in engineering, product, design, and research to build voice experiences for customers around the world.
Come help shape the future of the world's largest gaming and media, immersive interaction and entertainment content distribution platform!
About the job:
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
• Providing solutions that are simple, maintainable, and well abstracted
• Implements proof-of-concepts with new technologies
• Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise
• Great & methodical in troubleshooting & problem solving
• Good at profiling & optimization of code
• You have 2-4 years of experience building distributed and scalable software
• You have built software using Go (Golang), Java or similar languages
• You have understanding of microservices architecture
• You have knowledge of different data storage technologies like Cassandra, DynamoDB etc
• You understand virtualization technologies Docker and Kubernetes
• You have good understanding of public cloud design like AWS or GCE
• You have proven success in partnering with key stakeholders in previous roles
• Communication is your strong suit: in code, in email, and face-to-face!
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.