2D Background Designer
Burbank, CA US
PROP DESIGNER (UNTITLED STAR TREK SERIES)
About The Brand
For over 30 years, the Nickelodeon Animation Studio continues to be one of the largest producers of television animation in the world, reflecting all kids today. Based in Burbank, Calif., with offices in New York, the Studio, designed by our artists and for our artists, is home to the world's greatest creative talents. Our campus of creativity houses top-notch talent, storytellers, artists, production teams, voice actors, cartoon experts and more. At Nickelodeon, we are always looking to recruit dedicated craftspeople to help bring groundbreaking new ideas to life and that starts with you! We are leading the way in animated content for TV series, TV movies, shorts and theatrical features. Some of our new upcoming original animated series include, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Rugrats, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate and Santiago of the Seas, among others. Our content development teams are creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, our mentorship of new talent is second to none, and we are committed to hiring inclusively to reflect authenticity in the diverse stories we want to tell. Join us!
Overview and Responsibilities
• Generates prop designs, special effects, lettering, schematics and any other prop-related art that the production may require, ensuring style and quality of show is met.
• Review script for props needed at handout of show.
• Complete all rough, revised and final designs necessary within assigned deadlines.
• Resolve design problems with creative supervisors.
• Ensure all deadlines are met.
• Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff.
• Ensure all artwork is properly backed up and stored appropriately.
• Ensure all shipping materials are prepared and ready on time.
• Be available for questions until your department's shipment is complete.
• Additional Responsibilities:
• Assist with special projects.
• If applicable, make special shadow and color indications.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
• Strong prop design and construction/mechanical skills.
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software and hardware.
• Strong time-management skills.
• Work well under pressure.
• Ability to multitask a plus.
• Relevant drawing experience necessary.
• BA in Fine Arts or equivalent work experience highly desired.
Job Locations US-CA-Burbank
Job Type Full-Time Staff
Brand Nickelodeon Animation
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site