Broadcast Associate - Newspath
New York, NY US
Simon & Schuster's Tiller Press, a new trend driven imprint focused on publishing timely, culturally relevant books, has an exciting opportunity for an assistant to join the growing marketing team.
Tiller's list includes books on wellness, self-expression, empathy, food and cooking, diet, parenting, home, workplace, play, creativity, travel, fan culture, and civic engagement. The Marketing Assistant will report to the Associate Director, Marketing and will provide administrative and creative support overseeing the publication of all titles.
This position's responsibilities will include:
• Working closely with the Associate Director to develop creative marketing plans and prepare selling materials to present at monthly and seasonal sales meetings
• Assist publicist in the management of Tiller Press Netgalley account and ensure Edelweiss and Netgalley catalogs are up-to-date with necessary marketing materials
• Collaborate with authors and marketing analysts on marketing messaging across corporate and author channels for effective launches and seasonal positioning
• Coordinate email marketing and promotional efforts with Simon & Schuster digital marketing group
• Develop additional content for consumer marketing efforts, including authors videos, slideshows, reading group guides, listicles, Q&A's, and original essays for placement on blogs and websites
• Conduct marketing outreach efforts to niche websites and blogs and provide support on marketing mailings
• Maintain schedules for departmental programs and initiatives.
• Opportunities to contribute to partnership marketing, trade show, digital advertising, and content development discussions
• Previous experience in nonfiction book publishing highly preferred
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, high-growth environment
• Organized, detail-oriented and collaborative
• A deep understanding of the digital media space, including bloggers and social media
• Curiosity, adaptability, and a strong interest in learning
• Design and photography skills preferred