Deluxe Animation Studios is a global animation service provider supporting creators in bringing their stories to life. Our team of world-class animation production veterans are innovators and problem-solvers.
We're currently seeking a highly skilled Rough Animator for a 2D animated feature film. The role of Animator is to animate characters, crowds, sets and props, matching the established visual aesthetic. This role reports directly to the Animation Supervisor.
Responsibilities - Your Impact/What You'll Be Doing
• Aid to realize the Director's vision through the creation of consistent, compelling performances.
• Animate character performances and dialogue, crowds, sets and props following the established animation style, working from 2D visual development reference.
• Work from and interpret storyboards, animatics, and layouts to create high-quality key framed animation while maintaining strong shot-to-shot continuity.
• Help meet team targets and quotas.
• Collaborate with a team of international artists.
Qualifications -What you bring to the team
• Bachelor's degree in Animation, Film, Art or equivalent professional work experience.
• Minimum 2 years of Traditional 2D feature or series animation experience.
• Ability to animate in ToonBoom Harmony.
• Link to Demo Reel/Portfolio showcasing 2D Animation work done in recent years.
• Strong sense of traditionally animated timing and spacing.
• Strong understanding of technical basis in 2D animation.
• Classical/hand drawn animation experience.
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.
Company Benefits & Perks
• We have a great company culture! We value our crew and the creativity and innovation they put into delivering these amazing projects
• We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program
• We're located in the heart of Liberty Village, close to amenities and easily accessible by public transit
• We dress casual and comfortable
• Cereal bar, unlimited oatmeal, unlimited coffee, tea, fruits, and snacks!
Deluxe is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Accommodation is available on request during all stages of the selection and hiring process.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site