Ediorial Assistant, Atria Books
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY US
The Administrative Assistant role is key to supplying the rest of the company with materials to sell with;
• Clearing permissions, negotiate fees and appropriate rights for art work and photography. This is a huge part of the job and if not done correctly can end up in litigation.
• Issuing purchase orders and FED forms, tracking and processing invoices; Archiving records so info is up to date
• Trouble shooting with accounts payable for freelancers payments
• Tracking art ownership
• Working with our legal department to approve art usage
• Negotiating and clearing art with movie studios
• Creating 3D mock ups for sales and publicity
• Supplying Sales, Ad/Promo, Subrights, Marketing and Editorial with covers and files.
• Responsible for keeping the information on the DAM and the weekly feed accurate
• Responsible for gathering the updates from the other imprints for the weekly Art Update that feeds to the company
• Working with the Digital and POD group to keep our covers up to date and cleared in a timely fashion. Track rights of archival covers.
• Responsible for the design and art credit information
• Photo and Art research
• Manage the reprints
• Overseeing the supplemental presentation for the Sales Conference
• Coordinate and record the jacket meetings
• General Ad Min support: Manage/order the art and office supplies, schedule meetings, filing covers and back up art
Previous office and design experience required.