Audience Activation Analyst
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA US
Sr. Performance Media Buyer, Programmatic
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is rethinking Digital Marketing, launching an in-house digital media buying team and building a best-in-class data foundation. This team will be entrepreneurial at its core: laying the foundation of a new internal marketing function while growing and evolving to meet the needs of PlayStation's businesses.
The Senior Buyer, Programmatic will oversee the day-to-day activity of the programmatic teams; including end-to-end campaign execution, optimization and management of campaign budgets and pacing. Responsible for driving team's constant high quality output and innovation. Over time this team will buy the majority of programmatic, search and social media that drives direct ROI for Sony PlayStation, with a focus on our digital businesses in mature markets. The ideal candidate must be very solutions-oriented, happy to work with multiple internal and external teams, as well as 'hands-on-keyboard' work to proactively identify and solve problems and ensure flawless campaign execution. You will accomplish these goals by:
• Helping build a successful programmatic operation from the ground up: developing systems and processes which ensure a high-quality output as the team scales.
• Managing relationships with partners and vendors, keeping abreast of industry developments to ensure the team are recognized as industry leaders across the organization.
• Designing and implementing best-practice programmatic campaigns, synthesizing inputs from various campaign stakeholders (e.g. incorporating test-&-learn plans, aligning audience targeting to broader media team goals, etc.) and ensuring these plans are implemented seamlessly
Campaign Planning: You will be responsible for leading the planning and managing programmatic campaigns for PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Direct, and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. You will translate strategic business targets from media briefs into actionable audiences by using industry knowledge & ad technology tools such as our DMP. You will also work directly with the internal planning teams and agency partners, acting as the primary point of contact for programmatic planning, and all relevant campaign/billing documentation in preparation for campaign launch and post-campaign wrap-up.
Campaign workflows: You will be responsible for developing and implementing campaign workflows across the team: identifying opportunities to increase efficiency, improve communication and reduce the potential for error. You will be responsible for improving automation across the team in all areas.
Campaign Setup and QA: The team will be responsible for the creation of campaigns in the platforms as well as performing all necessary checks before campaign activation. On the data front, you will work extensively with internal and external teams to ensure 1st party data segments 'piped' correctly to platform(s) before launch.
Campaign Management and Optimizations: You will be responsible for the optimization process across all campaigns and constantly optimizing and adjusting campaigns as performance concerns & optimization opportunities arise. In addition, you will monitor audience performance data analysis and actively optimize across platforms while measuring performance and recommending further opportunities to drive performance. You will support the PMP deal negotiation process and ensure all PMPs are functioning correctly.
Analytics and Reporting: You will manage a tracker to monitor all performance changes & optimizations across the team. You will create weekly and post-campaign performance reports for the global Media Team, which will provide analysis, insights, and visualization in a way which adds value to the team. You will also collaborate with the Marketing Technology team and use data analytics to ensure all testing initiatives are set-up and measured appropriately so valuable creative and media insights can be gathered by end of test/campaign. You will work with the Marketing Technology to identify opportunities to improve reporting, analysis and automation.
Billing Responsibility: You will oversee billing and actualization across the team, ensure campaigns are tracking to budget and work with internal finance team to provide monthly approvals and forecasting.
People Management: You will actively mentor team members and provide guidance, QA support, etc., across job functions mentioned above. You will delegate and prioritize tasks accordingly and drive the day-to-day responsibilities of the team.
• New opportunities: Responsible for Identifying new platforms, partners and integrations, evaluating these (and existing platforms) over time and maintaining a strategic POV and partner/platform roadmap, as well as designing and maintaining a test and learn roadmap.
• Cross Functional Teamwork: You will ensure broader global Media Planning, Marketing Technology and Strategy teams aligned on in-house activation strategy. You will educate marketing team members on programmatic performance and best practices. Collaboration with media agency of record to ensure productive working relationship continues will be key.
• Bachelor's degree, MBA and/or equivalent experience preferred
• 5-7 years of experience in media planning and/or media activation, with hands-on executional experience with planning and managing large-scale programmatic activity across
• Extensive knowledge in technologies such as DV360, TTD, Verizon Media, AAP, Xandr
• Expert in most recent global privacy legislation, such as: GDPR, CCPA, COPPA and more
• In-depth knowledge of media planning fundamentals e.g. reach, frequency, formats, measurement etc. and how these can translate to business metrics
• Proven track record managing high campaign volume, large budgets, complex strategies across multiple channels and driving quantifiable results
• Experience with DoubleClick Campaign Manager and other 3rd party tracking solutions required
• Advanced experience in working with Excel (e.g. PivotTables, Pivot Graph, Data Table, etc.)
Candidate Preferred Qualities:
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit – someone eager to dive into the challenges & rewards that will come with building Sony PlayStation's in-house media buying function from the ground up
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-function teams with varying media knowledge. You will need the ability to understand the challenges of other teams.
• Cross-channel media strategy: the skills to connect programmatic, search and social media plans to larger Sony Media objectives
• Knowledge of biddable channels beyond programmatic, including search and social
• Work under pressure and with short deadlines across multiple teams with fragmented, vertical priorities
• Process-oriented with the ability to clearly define, implement, and manage scalable sustainable processes for a new and growing team- constantly challenging the status quo
• Articulate complex technology-related issues and educate a variety of audiences
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-function teams
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
• Self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results and affect meaningful change
• Strong interest in video games and entertainment
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site