Burbank, CA US
PROP DESIGNER (UNTITLED STAR TREK SERIES)
Overview and Responsibilities
• Generates prop designs, special effects, lettering, schematics and any other prop-related art that the production may require, ensuring style and quality of show is met.
• Review script for props needed at handout of show.
• Complete all rough, revised and final designs necessary within assigned deadlines.
• Resolve design problems with creative supervisors.
• Ensure all deadlines are met.
• Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff.
• Ensure all artwork is properly backed up and stored appropriately.
• Ensure all shipping materials are prepared and ready on time.
• Be available for questions until your department's shipment is complete.
• Additional Responsibilities:
• Assist with special projects.
• If applicable, make special shadow and color indications.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
• Strong prop design and construction/mechanical skills.
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software and hardware.
• Strong time-management skills.
• Work well under pressure.
• Ability to multitask a plus.
• Relevant drawing experience necessary.
• BA in Fine Arts or equivalent work experience highly desired.
Job Locations US-CA-Burbank
Job Type Full-Time Staff
Brand Nickelodeon Animation