General Assignment Reporter
West Palm Beach, FL
General Assignment Reporter - 90 Day Temporary
WPEC has a temporary 90 day assignment. WPEC is looking for a take-charge General Assignment Reporter to help us continue to grow and make a positive difference in our communities every day. We are seeking a motivated and creative storyteller who communicates with impact on-air and in the digital/social sphere. The ideal candidate will be a team player who thrives on developing original story pitches, has strong writing skills, a great work ethic and a can-do attitude.
No two days look the same for any Reporter, however, the primary responsibilities of this role will include:
• Pitch, create and write and edit impactful stories for station newscasts and digital/social platforms
• Focus on turning digital/social content throughout the shift and provide fresh material to support.
• Execute live shots on day-of stories and breaking news as needed
• Engage with local community members
• Reviewing material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
• Communicate effectively with managers and other members of the team throughout the day regarding story updates, live shots for air or socia, deadlines and other responsibilities.
Additionally, this person should have…
• Experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
• Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills
• 3 years of experience as a Reporter
• Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site